Tuesday, February 4, 2014

If I stopped for just a moment

If I stopped what I was doing and actually listened to my children as they played

I wouldn't hear a child coloring outside the lines;

I would experience a child creating a masterpiece.

If I stopped moving around so much and actually held my child when she got frustrated

I wouldn't be angry at her lack of understanding;

I would learn that my arms are a comfort to her.

If I stopped criticizing how my children mix the Play-Doh colors

I wouldn't see a giant mess;

I would understand that life isn't black and white ... it's purple mixed with green and rolled in teal.

If I stopped being so unhappy because of my responsibilities

I wouldn't raise my voice as often,

I wouldn't scold so easily,

I wouldn't so readily wish I was one of those supposed SuperMoms

And I wouldn't give a fuck if the toys never got put away;

I would simply enjoy the ease of being a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment