Wednesday, February 26, 2014

20 minutes in a normal day

Parents everywhere understand that having two youngsters at home and trying to do anything productive really aren't conducive to one another. Either you're paying attention to your kids or you're paying attention to the thing that will make you feel productive. The kids are upstairs doing God knows what right now, so I wanted to share with you a snippet of a day in our house.

This is how the last 20 minutes has played out:
Kids are calm and quiet
I sit down to do work
Freak because I want my digital sticky notes back
Find sticky notes thanks to awesome friend
Curse the fact my MacBook is busted
Start reading new section of text I was going to read three days ago
Kid runs off with CD from counter
Kid throws CD
Kid says sorry and makes a production of picking CD up and giving it back to me
Start reading again
Dog starts whining
Dog looks lost and lonely
Let dog out
Carry wood in
Drop wood on foot
Yell "Son of a!"
Older kid quietly says "Son of a bitch!"
Mental note to STFU whenever I hurt myself
Quick convo with kid to remind her we don't repeat anything that comes out of Mommy's mouth
Back to the computer
Start reading again
Kids get into freezer
I count to 2 and they leave the kitchen
Kids go to other room to play
Youngest kid has taken pants off at some point and runs through the room refusing to put them back on
Both retreat to the upstairs

*pours glass of wine*

You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment